Wednesday 9 December 2009

Hunter Wellingtons by Samantha Wright


Hunter Wellingtons

Standing up straight I swept the hair from my eyes,
Breathing in deep I looked up at the sky,
Moody clouds breaking, the sun beating down,
I vividly remember that raw feeling of 'now'.

The tide crept in as the moon pulled tight,
My personal horizon spinning the light,
A web of glitter echoed by the sea,
As I sat on the beach just my Hunters and me.

The surf whipped up, the breeze blew cool,
Steadied by my soles I stood tall,
Leaning into the wind, my arms outstretched,
A precious moment I'll never forget.

Lungs filling up with salt pricked air,
I let the sea wash away all my worries and cares,
The rhythmic lullaby of the ever breaking wave,
I loved every moment of calm that it gave.

My Hunters walked me on, leading me back home,
The path winding to reality tired and overgrown,
Treading through the dirt and kicking up the mud,
I open the door and smile to myself - I'm feeling pretty damn well good.

By Samantha Wright
Kettering
Northants
UK

Winner receives a Free set of Hunter Wellingtons, for more details on how to enter check out http://www.targetwholesale.co.uk/ Official Hunter Boot Dealer.